Thursday, March 30, 2006

Nostalgic in California


When shopping for my children's boutique, Recurrent Dreams, I always seem to revert back to my mother's instinct. Once I decided on our spring look, "Nostalgic Beach Living", the rest seemed to fall in place. Let me share with you, my mother's instinct criteria:

Comfort: too many times my children have complained that the beautiful dress I had bought them was too itchy & confining!

Emotion: call me sentimental, but it makes my heart sing to see my children dressed for Easter.

Quality, Uniqueness and Price: I would rather pay a little bit more, and have something that does not fall apart after the 3rd washing, however there is a limit on how much I will pay.

This spring, I was blessed to find all my criteria met from small California companies, such us Kumquat, Nobody's Business, Reflectionz, and Barefoot Dreams (although they are not so small since Oprah discovered them!). I invite you to post, your Mother's Instinct list too.

Visit our spring collections on-line at: http://www.recurrentdreams.com

No comments: